Thursday, September 15, 2011

Band-Aid on God's Finger

I saw many doors in front of me
Large, small, iron, wood, plain looking, adored with many ornaments
Each opened to new possibilities and future

And I saw many men and women beside me
Each went and walked through the door of their own choice
To the place where they belong

And I stood there, not knowing what to do
Which one is my door?
Or, do I even have a door ?
Is there a place I can go? Should go ?

Look...there is a half opened door
Perhaps that is my door?
I got closer...
But..it is a large and wonderful looking door
That can't be mine
It must be someone else's door

I searched for my own door
A small one
A plain looking one
Perhaps in the farthest and lowest corner
I walked back and forth from corner to corner

But each time my eyes wandered to that wonderful door
And each time I found myself asking the same question
What kind of future will it be behind that door?
And, can it be mine?

“ Not a chance, it can't be mine !”
“ It's too good to be true ! “
“ There's no way that door opened for someone like me ! !“

I grimace, an invisible hand gripped my heart
I longed for that door
But it can't possibly mine

If I never saw that door....
If that door never exist...
If that door was closed in the first place....

SLAM!!!
I closed that door shut !
….ouch.......
Hmm? Did I hear something ?
Maybe it just my imagination

I sat down
Put my head between my knee
Tried to block every voice in my mind
And sob..

Someone put his hand on my shoulder
I turned to see
And I saw a hand with band-aid wrapped on its finger
A band-aid with Peanuts character printed on it
I looked up, and saw Jesus' worried face
“ Are you alright ?”, He asked

“ God, what happened with Your finger? Who has done this to You ?”
Jesus smiled
“ It doesn't matter..”
But I kept asking

“ I got my finger hit by the door”, He finally answered
“ You see, I was waiting behind a door for someone.
I left that door half opened so that person knew I was waiting behind it
But that person didn't came through the door.
So I want to open wide that door and called him in.
But at the same time, someone slammed that door shut and My finger got caught.”

“ I kept waiting but that person never came.
That's why I came here, to pick him up”
He take my hand and pulled me off the ground, smiled and said
“ Will you go through that door with Me ? “

No comments:

Post a Comment